Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Good day in the Royal National Park (NSW)

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' started by gongrider, Mar 31, 2012.

1. Having not done much riding for a while (recently moved for a new job), today I decided to go for a solo ride.

Starting in Padstow, I headed down to Sutherland and into the RNP. I've done a fair bit of driving through there and some cycling, but not much riding.

Got caught in a group of traffic at the weir, with another rider. But not any ordinary traffic, a group of hired sports cars (locals will know the ones) - a Lamborghini Gallardo, Ferrari, Audi R8, BMW M3, Aston of some sort, etc. So followed a bright orange Gallardo for most of the national park. Nice cruisey pace with some short blasts.

From there I stopped for a short break at Bald Hill, then cruised down the coast road to Towradgi where I picked up a burger from Caesar's Chicken. Having lived a block away from this place during uni, it used to be my staple diet. Oh how my taste buds have missed it (but my waste line hasn't :p).

Went down to Trevor Jordan in Fairy Meadow to peruse some bikes (full licence not far away).

Then I headed up Mount Ousley, and onto Darkes Forest road (missing all the traffic around some festival in Thirroul) and back into the RNP.

Cruised home and felt like I'd been on the bike all day, was about 4 hours after I left!

Remembered what riding was all about, just getting out there and enjoying the day.

View from Bald Hill:

2. Glad you had a great ride. although getting caught behind the supercar club can be a pain as all the do is accellerate hard then break hard and then drive about 40 kph around the bends incase they stack it. Bald hill is great, it's like a bike show everytime you go.
    We are blessed with the roads we have down here. Great rides on your doorstep. you can't ask for more. (well maybe a race track too would be nice).
    Now all we need is the cops to stop hiding in those driveways on the corners and all is complete.
    if you had a top day riding...well there's not much more to life really...