Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Good Cop Stories

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by gadagada, May 29, 2007.

1. Good Cop Story:

They had just changed a right hand turn to not being able to do it anymore with a new sign. My mum was rushing & did her usual right hand turn to quickly get my sibling to school on time.

Mum was saying goodbye & be good to my sibling until they pointed to mums driver side window & there was a police man with motorbike helmet on knocking at it...

mum screamed as he scared the life outta her & as she rolled down the window he asked my mum how she hasnt seen him flashing his lights & sirens behind her & she simply said u friggen gave me a heartattack now to make up for it... so he apologised and went on his way :LOL:
  2. I didn't know that cops in Iceland rode bikes :? how bizzare :shock:
  3. Well the oblivious always get off it seems....

I was approaching an intersection in the town centre of a place I didn't know well. There was a car waiting to turn right, and I saw him take his blinker off and he 'baulked', and I expected him to cut left into my path... he didn't, but as I crossed the lights a cop car did a quick turn and pulled me. He told me I had gone through on red. I said I wasn't watching and apologised, and explained I'd been watching the car because I expected him to cut me off, and possibly the reason he apparently aborted his turn and jerked his car was because he saw it change... but I didn't because my attention was on a car that experience suggested could kill me.

The cop said he understood, and although he was going to ticket me for going through the red, I should write a letter to the address on the back, it would be put to him personally, and he would suggest they withdraw the fine.

I wrote, it was withdrawn. Quite amazing.