Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Good cheap chrome plater in Brisbane?

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by Bumblebeeman1150, May 6, 2012.

1. I know the first two words of the title don't usually go together but maybe someone knows a plater who can do some small jobs for me at a decent price?

I'm restoring a 1971 Honda C50 Cub and would like to use the original rims, but the plating is in poor condition. There's very little chrome on the bike, so I'd like the rims done properly with the right copper underplating.

Any suggestions please?
  2. Yeah - I don't think 'good' and 'cheap' will work together well in this case.

Only last week I dropped off two Honda rims, two chrome fuel tank side cover plates, two front fork external springs, two fork top nuts, six engine mounting brackets and one or two other small bits, all for re-chroming.

Quoted nine weeks and $500 (not including panel work required on the tank side plate covers) and this is cheaper than the other place in Melbourne I got recommended to.

If you are in Brissie, you might want to talk to Ash's Spoked Motorcyle Wheels about new chrome rims, or getting them to re-plate your existing rims.
  3. Thanks for the suggestions. I'd like to keep as many original parts on the bike as I can, so I'll look into replating the existing ones before I give in and buy cheap rims from Asian suppliers on eBay!