Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Good Chain/Sprockets online?

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by woodsy109, Oct 30, 2006.

1. I have the need to replace the chain and sprocket on my bike and was wondering if anyone knows of an online retailer that sells quality chains/sprockets at reasonable prices? Is it just easier to go to Honda and pay their crazy prices?

Also the rear sprocket is worn a reasonable amount but not damaged at all, so should I change just the chain (streched) or is it best to change front/rear sprockets at the same time.

I haven't taken the guard off to inspect the front sprocket for wear yet.

Also if anyone knows of good brands or ones to stay away from then some advice on that would be great as well.
  2. If you put a new chain on old sprockets you'll be back to where you are known in no time because any wear even the slightest on your sprockets will cause your chain to stretch to match the increased pitch length on the sprockets
    I've been looking on US ebay for a 520 conversion kit for my 954 the savings can be substantial if your game to buy from overseas
    I haven't had any problems so far with large and small transactions from several different countries
    good luck mate
  3. Also on a slightly different topic, does anyone know what the standard tooth configuration on the 2002 cbr 954 is? I've been getting some different answers though google but think it may be 15/41?

Can anyone shed some light on this?
  4. Not sure about your standard sprocket ratios.

I find that even with the modest power of the CB900, I tear through chains leaving them clunky and rough after as little as 4000km. The only chain I have found (of several brands tried) that stands up to more punishment is the top of the line D.I.D. 530 super he-man deluxe, or whatever it's called.
  5. chain gang as mentioned above--- great prices- go t my 50 sprocket made by them in red!!!
  6. Hey how's the arm Mars?
  7. 16/42 standard for aus i think
    16/43 for us market
    for more wheelies and better off idle performance go for 15/44 or 15/45