Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Good advice on safety gear

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by Farkinott, Oct 23, 2010.

1. Good stuff...

Lot of it is the obvious but like some bits I wasn't aware of like the best type of stitching for gear.

Funny, last night went on a twilight ride with the mornington riders, as waiting for everyone to turn up, some young guy on the green ninja rocks up.
    He's wearing helmet, nice leather jacket, gloves but then shorts and some sort of thongs on his feet!
    Yeah yeah I know some think it should be up to the individual to what he wears but the half gear look!
    More like half bra...................... better stop there before I start something.... lol

As he rides in amoungst us, our ride leader's coment?
    No Way He Ridin With Us! So ready to tell him another time mate...
    He just rode amoungst us for a look, then nicked off...
  2. Yeah, I've never quite understood that. There are a lot of riders around Perth who have the expensive lid and jacket, but no gloves, shorts and runners. If I was going to squid to that extent, I'd go the whole hog and at least get the full benefit of the very enjoyable sensation of riding in the wind. And, unwise though it may be, squidding is very physically pleasurable as long as nothing goes wrong. Let no-one tell you otherwise.
  3. Cool, I like the injury location breakdown and information. I don't agree with putting your gloves under your helmet when resting it on the ground, though. Unless you like scratches.