Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Gonna get me a pair of boots

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Matt GO!!!!!!!, Oct 17, 2007.

1. Hey everybody!!

Im thinking of going and getting some motorbike boots tomorrow at Moss St. Does anyone have any advice regarding boots? Sturdiness, flexibility, and fasteners etc. How tight should the boot fit??

Oh and whats a good way to test if they fit, just like shoes were one thumb to tip of boot is good? should they be tight round ankles etc

I have looked around already, the shop assistant was showing me a pair of $700 dollar Sidi's?! I dont have that kind of money to spend. Also these boots are gonna be for on-road use.

Thanks netriders :LOL:
  2. How much you looking to spend? I've got A* SMX-4s and they're good road boots. Plenty comfy, good support, and not to expensive.
  3. Yep them's the ones. I got mine for $500, but if you haggled you might be able to pull that back a bit. As for sizes, use your shoe size as a starter, but you'll probably have to go a couple down, that's what happened with me.
  4. They should be comfortable, and have good protection for ankles most importantly. Sliders would be a good idea if you're a fast rider.. and possibly even if you're not.

My pair of falco's was $199 and very comfy, I wear them all day. No where near as much protection as big heavy full sports ones, but then again you can't wear them everyday and decent ones start at 250.

If you need to wear them every day, make sure they're comfy enough to wear every day.

There are some more casual and less boot ones available, but for these you want to spend 250ish to get decent ones. I initially bought a pair of $120 ones, they fell apart 3 times (took them back 3 times), then went for the falcos.
  5. What about the Sidi B2 boot around $350?

6. I've got gortex Alpine * boots which I got on special for $279 about a year ago. You might be able to find similar as they are more aimed at the winter. They are not fur lined or anything so they are fine for summer. No real need to spend more than $300 for a decent pair IMO. Not for the road anyway.

7. I have a pair of Gaerne's, and they're great. I've had them for about 2 years now and they're still in good condition. I think I got them for $199.

Today I picked up a pair of Joe Rocket Speedmaster 2.0 boots for $325. They're much sturdier than the Gaerne's, but the downside is they're not as comfortable to walk in. I'm also having trouble shifting gears and telling how much rear brake I'm using, but that's probably a getting-used-to thing. I hope.
  8. yea i agree around the $300 mark is about right for a pair of boots. obviously get the better, more expensive boots if you got the money or ride really hard.
  9. Get the sidi's. They are a great boot. Although I went all out and got the veetigo corsa model. I work in a warehouse all day, so a busted up ankle my mean no more work.
  10. I got Falco Biker boots - more of a long cruiser style, but I put them on in the morning and wear them all day, comfy as!! Only $165.00

Make sure they fit well across the ball of your foot, if they are tight there, you will get sore feet quicker. And be able to wiggle your toes a bit so if they get a bit numb on long rides you can wiggle and wake them up!! :grin:
  11. If you have a credit card or have access to one I would get boots from usa. Find out your size here and buy the same one from overseas. I got myself a pair of Sidi Vertigo Air from newenough.com for roughly AU$380 shipped (got some other stuff too, so it's roughly). With current exchange rates it's silly not to buy from there.
  12. I've had a pair of Rossi Vision boots for nearly 2 years now, I wear them every day and they are still going strong.

Waterproof and warm, not too hot even in summer (Leather breathes) and you can wear them (and I have) all day. They are seriously as comfy as my runners.

I will be buying another pair of them when and if mine ever wear out.

At about $200 bucks I highly recommend themas they are great value. And Australian made to boot! (pun intended)

13. Just got a pair of rjays altitude
    Payed about 200, not bad so far just need to be worn in :cry:
  14. [​IMG]

Got em they are comfy im breaking em in rite now

Alpine SM-X 3's

I decided to try on every pair I saw in the shops, since im spending good money i may aswell. These fit perfect and the boot didnt flex too much, it had enough protection but flexy enough.

Thanks for the advice guys much appreciated.

See you on the road one day :grin:
  15. [​IMG]

There is a close up of em...

I forgot to mention... They are currently discounted to 350 from 470 (old price) . And i got $10 off for paying cash i asked nicely :LOL:

So I ended up with some swish $340 dollar boots im very happy :grin: