Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Golf. First birdie

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Wolfmother, Oct 4, 2008.

1. I have only just started playing golf again and i scored my first ever birdie. :grin:
    It was 4:45pm 2/10/2008 at the 8th hole on the old course at Cobram Barooga golf course.
    A short par 3, 128mtrs long surrounded by bunkers. I teed of with a 7 iron and landed about 400mm from the hole. Yeah l thought, straightest hit well ...... nearly ever. My boss was there as well so he was able to calm me down for the putt. I took my time, cleared my head of all thoughts ( that didnt take to long its normally rather empty) took a deep breath and putted. The green was flat so no rises or slopes to worry about, just a nice gentle stroke and it was in.
    Now besides the sound of my bike, the sound of that little dimpled ball landing in the hole is my favorite sound of all.
    And yes as it fell into the hole l did the whole front of shirt over my head as l ran around the green looking like a knob, but so what it was my momment to shine.
    l just had to share that with you all as my family and freinds are now sick of my story.

2. I've never understood the fascination with Golf, but I can appreciate your enjoyment of the moment. Frustrating thing is, you could do all the same things again and get a totally different result, eh??
  3. Congratulations :grin:

So is a birdie 1 under par then? I'm with Paul, I don't really get golf...I like the shoes though :)
  4. First birdy! I remember my first double Bogey :S I was happy then...

I once fluked, and honest to goodness it was a fluke, a hole in one, par 3 chambers flats golf course. ball hit a rock or something and hit the hole marker and fell in. My old man was extremely annoyed.

Haven't played in 5 or 6 years. Might have to see if i can get any where near a double bogey again. I think the problem is the beer stops....
  5. Golf is one of those sports where you need to drink. You know, a man could get dehydreted with all the walking.
  6. That's a good effort for a half wolf/half mother sort of thing.

I play a bit of golf but not as much as I used to. It's like getting away from the missus and kids without the noise of a motorbike and drinking beer actually makes you BETTER at it, unlike riding the bike.
  7. [​IMG]

Sorry, but I dont get the whole golf thing either!
  8. Golf is about smacking the heck out of a little white ball, learning new and wonderfull swear words and losing you block as you try to smash the ball, do a 360, land on your butt and find the ball in the same spot.
    Its awsome fun.