Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Goldcoast Bike Week 2006

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by LPCIII, Oct 5, 2006.

1. I was just wondering if anyone went to the Goldcoast Bike Week over Aug and Sept this year?

I only ask because I was wondering if it would be worth while going next year. It looks like a bit of fun but looks can be deciving.
  2. I went a couple of years ago.
    Mostly Harley's.
    Lots of black leather vests and such.
    Most riders in their 40's and upwards.
    I rode the BMW up. Terri flew up.
    We hired a sports car for $80 bucks a day and spent a great day driving around the mountains. Two great pubs. The Eagles Nest and the St. Bernard.
    I loved Surfer's, like a larger more cosmopolitan version of Cronulla.
    Great strip clubs.
    After spending about an hour at the Bike Week showground I never went back. The last night in Surfers Harley blokes were doing burnouts in the main mall section and getting busted by the cops.
    I'd go to Surfers again anytime, I doubt I'd ride up just for bike week again.
    It's really Harley week.
    I don't mind Harley's either. I just thought it would be more varied bikes, and it was not.
    Hope this helps.
    I hear these guys have really good events around the Gold Coast at different times of the year.
    Cheers: Jaq.
  3. Thanks Jaq I'll keep an eye out.
  4. One of our new members Motoplast/ Tex O'Grady was inducted into the "motorcycling hall of fame" at this years bike week.