Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Gold Coast riding

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by mlc05, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Hi all, I have an 800 Suzuki cruiser and am in a bit of a conundrum. I love riding but do not do it for the speed and quick journey. For me it is about getting out and away from the dramas of life and feeling free enjoying the wind and the countryside passing. I am having trouble finding people to ride with. It seems that the groups I have found so far include: the sprinters- their mission is to get their as fast as they can, therefore I become captain slow as I am not interested in keeping up with them. I also found another type of group- reasonably conservative riding but absolutely crude to talk to, I am not a prude and am not offended by the occasional swear word but this was beyond that and I am not interested in that talk. Then the groups that are conservative and polite are the 50's plus groups which I do not qualify for yet.

Does anyone know of a formal or informal group who rides to enjoy, is not crude to talk with, is young to middle age ish (as I am 38 with wife and 3 kids) on the Gold Coast where we can go for a weekly or fortnightly ride on a Saturday or Sunday with a stop at a coffee shop etc and talk bikes, life etc?
  2. BRC do regular rides down that way, there is one on Thursday night I have posted in the QLD thread. I am the same as you, and I find these guys for the most part are fantastic to ride with. They may be able to point you in the right direction as well when it comes to groups your way.
  3. The Saturday morning Gold Coast ride is pretty good
    Certainly no pressure to keep up, and a nice group of people (who aren't all over 50).

And if you can get away for a weekend you're more than welcome to join my ride down to Byron
    I'll likely be running a lot more social weekend rides in the future, and probably also a few day trips to anywhere that seems interesting (I'm new to Brissie so I have a lot to see).
  4. Oh man, if i still lived up in Goldie, i'd ride with you! I toured the countryside (Tullebudgera!) by myself. I'll hit you up next time i come up!
  5. Perhaps we should have a coffee some time.