Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

N/A | National Gold Coast Hinterland TT Proposal

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' started by Lionz, Jun 9, 2016.

1. Don't think this has been posted before...................

<iframe src="Facebook" width="560" height="315" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

Or here if that's not showing
    WIN News Sunshine Coast

Would make for a decent trip away
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Sunshine Coast mate!
    Maleny is where I have breakfast every Saturday Morning on our little local jaunt and the roads around the area would lend themselves rather well to this type of race.
  3. Lol, let's settle for 'Up North' then.

All round CraigA's place for a week or so then??
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Why not?
    Are you any good at baby sitting?

You're only 250klms off I suppose, so you can settle for up north if you want.

You're from somewhere down south aren't you? Much snow at your place?:sneaky:
  5. My brother didn't trust me babysitting until his boy and girl were 12 and 14 respectively. It wasn't too long after that that they turned to drink and drugs. I'm not sure if there's a connection. I suppose I could give it another go???

Snow in dem der hills far yonder I tell ya!
  6. It would probably be you turning to drink and drugs if I let them loose on you. Lol
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. #7 Colonel Coleman, Jun 9, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
    There is talk of starting up an Isle of Man TT World Series.

These guys
    IOMTT World Series Tasmania
    are well ahead of the game already

8. I know that they tried to do something similar near the Gold Coast along the Lion's road between the Qld and NSW border. I don't think it went too well since they only managed to shut off part of a road and not a circuit. Partly because no one approached the Dept Transport with enough time to organise road closures etc. The other thing they had was that they used the track near Kyogle which isn't overly close to the Lions road....

But if there is a petition started somewhere, I'd sign it! :D

I'd happily put up my place in the GC for riders from down south to stay overnight or something on their way up to the sunshine coast.:angelic:
  9. That was another thing altogether. It was a Tourist Trophy ride and festival, not a Timed Trial. Started in 2014. There were 2 minor crashes on Sat, Sun morning a major which cancelled the ride part of the event. It was just a ride on a closed road.

Event was on again in 2015, and up until recently http:www.lionstt.com worked fine. No idea if it planned again for 2016

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Hi all,
    check this FB page out if you have not already. Sunshine Coast International TT
    The council talks have been held about the proposed TT that would last 4 days.
    So far the community is split almost 50/50 from what I understand, however now people that are against are campaigning and handing out propaganda leaflets on how bad of an idea it is.
    The people/residents that are against the event have their own FB page: Peaceful Roads Sunshine Coast

I know for sure that this event would bring me and my family to the coast for a week.
    • Like Like x 1