Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Gold Coast Guy - 2 years riding

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by tailored, Aug 21, 2011.

1. Howdy
    I joined this forum in Jan and have posted a miserly 1 post, so thought I'd better step it up a bit.

I'm a 44 yo business guy from the Gold Coast (from Tassie originally) who learned to ride 2 years ago.

A few months after getting my licence I headed off with 5 mates and did a 10 day motorbike ride around Tasmania. Amazing trip on fantastic roads.

The next year we headed to the South Island of New Zealand for 10 days - Absolutely incredible scenery and roads.

lake-tekapo.

l-mt-cook.

This year we went and rode the North Island for 9 days - not 1/2 as pretty as the South Island.

A few weeks back I headed to Bali and did an amazing day ride with a mate's brother - probably the most terrifying, exhilarating, scenic ride of them all.

Across the USA With My 17 yo Son

Next up is the ultimate father/son road trip - hiring a bike in LA in November and taking 24 days to get across to Florida with my 17 yo son on the back.

Then fly into New York for 5 days and the San Francisco for 4. Oh, and we're hitting Vegas hard and intend to win enough to pay for the next 10 years of motorbike trips (that'll happen I'm sure............cough).

So only been riding for a couple of years (ride a Honda CBF 250 at home).

Cheers.