Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Going to court tomorrow to play the solicitor role!!!

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by generalyuehfei, Apr 23, 2006.

1. Wish me luck for tomorrow as I attempt to convince the magistrate that I am a fit and proper person to hold a license based on a very tacky driving record and character representation (of which I have lots of).

Will keep you posted on the results.

THE RESULTS : bbbaaaaahhhhh wwwwaaahhhhahahh!!!! :cry:

Looks like cityrail is the go for work purposes and the VFR is put into storage for 3 months (which is the worst of it - missing those weekend rides to justify my petrol drinking problem)

Regards, The General
  2. good luck mate. keep that 1 point :)
  3. Thanks Dante although I fear that shall be contested at the next court case :shock: ps: there is a method to my madness(at this stage)

Yes, the general has been rather silly since receiving his beloved VFR and Monaro in the same month.

Besides the outcome, I am happy to provide FREE legal advice as I believe I have manipulated any provision made available in these types of situations.
  4. wut?
  5. Mat, that does make sense to me particularly your avatar hmmmmm!!

6. Good luck, general - I'm sure you'll get your money's worth one way or another.

Mind you, there's an old legal maxim - he who represents himself has a fool for a client.

Bon chance!
  7. bumer :( just read the update. trains leave lidcome - homebush every 20-30 mins

there could be an advantage, not as much to worry about as far as exceeding the alcohol limit while riding/drving especially now ksystems is buying right !
  8. yeh... just don't get caught for drunk & disorderly in public...

sorry to hear of the outcome!! Hope the 3months goes by quickly for u?!?
  9. time will fly

Cheers :cool:
  10. One benefit is the $65 hearing has delayed the suspension so as to commence as of today. I will be in Europe with the misses for 5 of the 12 week suspension :cool:

The cost of representation for the day was quoted at $1500 and frankly my license for 7 weeks is not worth that much and it wouldn't have made a difference as the magistrate was quite stringent in the traffic related decisions.

Dante, fantastic suggestion and KSystemz should come and pick me up if he could take a pillion but then there is the issue of being seen on a scooter :shock:

ps: be sure to wave when you pass me on your pushbike. I'll be the one with the shoei helmet and leathers :LOL:

Regards, Nick
  11. So does all this cancel your licence completely??

In other words when you eventually get it back do you go back onto P Plates with all the associated power restictions which may limit your ability to drive the Monaro and even the bike (what are the laws in NSW??).
  12. I very silly person I know :-w got a very unfair and unwarranted 3 mth license suspension, and around 6 weeks later was pulled over by the boys in blue for doing a right-hand turn at a brand new no-right turn during morning peak times intersection. Took the license, walked back to their car, and shortly thereafter returned the license without a word on the suspension and just a warning for the right-hand turn. About equals your luck with being in Europe for 5 wks :)

13. What about the issue of holding onto his hips ?
  14. No not at all. The suspension is exactly that, suspending the current license class and not cancelling it.