Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Going price for help moving a bike?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by urbansloth, Mar 28, 2011.

1. Hi all,

2 questions in one here - what's the going rate to help a bloke move a dead bike to the wreckers, and is anyone interested? I would think such things would be charged in slabs of beer?

Bike is CBD, wreckers will be the nearest I can find that offers decent $$, hopefully not too far out - PM me if you are able to assist, would be much appreciated!

cheers,

the sloth

2. Prob should mention - someone with bike trailer required, as I don't have my own! (Hence the callout for help)

cheers!

3. Whats the bike, How much do you want for it from the wreckers,
    What is wrong with it,

4. ^wot he said^

5. Yeah, wot they said!

6. It's a Ducati; yes that dodgy-looking house you're bringing it to is a wreckers, yes it's my bike. Have a beer champ, your a legendary cnt!

7. Ill give you ten bucks for it, I need some land fill, Hahahahahahaha

8. You can hire a bike trailer for about $30 which is probably less than a slab of beer. Course if you don't have a tow bar on a car you may still be up for a slab of beer.

9. Thats about the cheapest option you will get,
    Bike tow truck will cost you $125-00 for bike not involved in an accident,

10. Have you called up your local wreckers to see if they'll pick it up?
    I remember my Pulsar died and I got paid $50 for it when they came to pick it up...

....in the pouring rain... without a key... poor guy.

11. Hi guys,

Yeah no trailer and my car is ball-less (I hope it doesn't hear me), so a bit stuck there, would need rental trailer and car, or ute - I'm guessing that would total up near bike movers prices?

It's a dead VFR (is there any other kind? ;) ), was running but no keys now. From initial enquiries it should pull ~$800-$1k, it's worth a lot more to them in parts. Time constraints prevent me from breaking it down myself.

cheers...

12. Is that offer open for the VFR too?? ;)

I hope the landfill isn't for a quiet location, I'm sure the viffer would manage to rattle that cam chain even while underground

13. Have only found one that will pick up (so far) - gotta figure out price with them, and if their 'price' is worth it... :)

14. You will probably be better off putting it on ebay for $1 no reserve in terms of ease and money made.

15. A ute from bunnings will cost less than $50 for half a day.

16. RACV will tow a vechicle if its "broken down" to your place of wanting depending on how far which depends on your level of cover. Done it a few times to get home from mates places drinking.

17. :-s =D> hahahah