Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Going for my P's

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by SilverXVS650A, Apr 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This one is for NSW riders.

Went into RTA the other day to book my P test at Penrith which the closest date was 04/05.
    I asked the lady being a mature (41yrs old) rider and holding a gold drivers licence with no disqualifications would I go straight to gold riders licence???
    Only once a suspended licence for parking fines which I had only $100 to pay from a $600 bill and yes I DID THE WRONG THING AND ONLY DROVE TO WORK AND GOT CAUGHT!!!! PAID THE $100 next day which was when I was going to pay... lesson learnt.
    Went to court after a month judge was cool gave me 1yr good behaviour bond

This is the answer I got..."im not sure I think so just ask the person at the RTA you go to once you have passed the P's"!!!!!! wtf!!!!!!!!!! felt like saying may I see the manager but I thought

Can anyone help me out on this.
    Being easter I can't wait till tuesday to ring them and find out.

Thank you
  2. You can find the answer on RTA website... but bascially since your over 30 and your going for your L's before the new licence scheme kicks in, you should be able to get your full licence when you pass your P's. The suspension you mentioned will prevent you from getting your fulls if it happened in the last 5 years otherwise you'll be right
  3. Hi mate

I have my L'S now going for my P's in 3 weeks time.
    Thats where im confused I was told since it's only a suspension not disqualified I will still be able to go on my blacks.
    Suspension was only for a month till i paid my fines and wasn't disqualifed by RTA or by the judge.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.