Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Going for My P's on thursday - wish me luck

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Kaer, May 24, 2005.

1. For the car that is. Been riding for a couple of years now.

Finally have to get my P's as the wife is getting knee surgery done (old gymnastics injury) and won't be able to drive/walk for a couple of weeks.

And with dodgy knees, me giving her a lift to work on the bike is out of the question.
  2. Good Luck :)

It's easier than you think.
  3. After being a rider, P's in a car should be a cinch!

Good luck

:D :D :D
  4. Car P's?????

You don't need luck, just a little advice:

Turn your brain off, don't use your mirrors, change lanes before indicating, etc... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Seriously though, best of luck... :D
  5. Good luck - and be warned! There is a Stop sign at the exit (before footpath) of just about every RTA. Failure to stop at Stop sign = automatic failure.
  6. Lotsa

Lotsa luck Kaer, though you won't need it. If you're a good rider, you will be a brilliant driver. My son-in-law who has just bought a 250 and is doing his "L's" at the moment said to me the other night, "You know, it's amazing. Since I've started riding my bike, I've become a much better driver. I am more aware of what's going on around me and I feel like I'm even more in control." And he's been driving for nearly 10 years!!!
    Go for it!
  7. Considering I'm also doing the test in an Automatic car it should be a doodle.

Should be fine, I just think it's amusing I have a full riders license and a learners car one :)
  8. Try having a learners bike licence and absolutely NO car licence at age 24... with a GF who has her gold licence.

That's amusing. :D
  9. You left out, talking on your mobile, eating breakfast whilst watching your built in DVD player and smoking a ciggy that you will flick out the window just as a motorcyclist is riding past :LOL: :p :LOL: .
    Have Fun...it takes skill lol
  10. I was the same as you at 24. L's on the bike, partner with full.

Now I'm 27 with no car license (which will hopefully change come thursday)

When I did up my list of things to do before I turned 30 a couple of years ago, 1 was get my bike license, another was not get a car license.

I've also got on there to get my flying license, but need to find a spare 6k first.

BTW, the RTA computer system can't handle someone who has a full riders license and has L's for the car. Last time I renewed my license, they had to cancel my L's, then readd it for the system to accept it.
  11. For anyone who cares, I passed.

Bloke didn't say I did anything wrong, so assuming I didn't stuff up anything.

Pretty funny down there, one bloke failed for not stopping at the stop sign at the exit (rolled to a semi stop), another bloke forgot his log book. And a teenage girl thought she'd failed, broke down crying, but turns out she passed.

On a related downside, out of the 12 parts I need to fix the duke, 11 of them had to be ordered in. Add another couple of weeks to the repair time.
  12. Congratulations.

Welll done.

Now stay safe :)
  13. Well Done nice work

Cheers 8)
  14. I miss my NSW licence, it was gold. None of this everyone has the same crappy colour green one in VIC!

I was/am an outstanding driver and it showed with my licence colour!!!
  15. Oh yeah, congrats on getting your P's!!!!
  16. good work - congratulations :)
  17. Congrats Kaer, is anyone running a book on which will be mobile first Mrs Kaer or the duke?
  18. I've only got faint hopes of the duke being running before the end of winter. 2 more weeks estimated time to arrival. Betcha it'll get stuck in customs at some point as well.

Mrs Kaer should be up and running before then. 8 weeks max recovery time the doc says. Anthroscopy to both knees. She buggered them up when she used to do gymnastics (ex russian olympic gymnast).