Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

going for my 250cc licence in qld

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by mikk, Mar 16, 2005.

1. hey all

i'm going for my 250cc licence soon (next week). i'll be doing it at qld transport in woodridge. i'm not doing it through qride, i'm just taking a normal 45minute (i think) test. i've had my learners for 6 months and been riding a lot for 2 months.

so now that i'm all in a panic that maybe i'm not skilled enough to get it :roll: etc etc, i'm looking for some advice about what sort of things they expect u to do in a riding test in Queensland.

i have til tuesday morning to practise so please help a newbie out!

2. Hey Mikk,

I don't think there are too many Qlders that post on this forum. I can't help you much either. I got my licence last November through Qride. I found it heaps good. I hadn't ever ridden a bike before, it was raining cats and dogs, but I managed to get my Unrestricted licence in one day for only $200. There was no stress as everything was competency based, If you stuffed up once, didn't matter you just kept on trying until you got the hang of it. Is there a reason why you don't want to do Qride?? Anyway, good luck with your test! I'm sure you will do great. If you're in Brissy and want someone to go riding with once you get your licence, let me know. I need a 250 friend!! :D

3. Well good luck :D I did mine through Qride so don't know about the way you are planning to do it.

Lisa :twisted:
  4. Hi guys. I am new to the forum and i'm preparing to take the Q-ride test also. I took a q-ride approved training course about a year ago and i was really suprised how quickly we were up and riding on the highway (a matter of hours) when some of us had no experience whatsoever. Bloody fun though.
    Anyone know the nearest place to the CBD to take the test?
  5. Heya,

Heres a link to all the Q-Ride providers in QLD

Have fun

Lisa :twisted: