Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Going for L's in May

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Astar81, Apr 10, 2016.

1. Hey Guys & Gals,

Great to see such a large community of people sharing their knowledge.

Going for L's soon, can't wait! I have been riding dirt bikes for years now and making the transition over to the road.
    How do you find the transition from dirt to road for those of you who have done the same?

I have been doing a fair bit of research on bikes and I have been looking at a 08 GSX650. One in particular has done 22k, is fairly clean (no sign of being dropped) aftermarket pipe, a few other insignificant bolt ons. The dealer is asking $6k for it, is this a reasonable price? I know its a bit hard to say not having seen it but a ball park idea would be appreciated.

Looking forward to contributing to this community.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Welcome. Try and sit on and ride a number of bikes before buying. Start with the GSX but have a look at others too.

Personally I'd look at some of the other lower km, later yr models on Bikesales - there is one 2011 model for 1k more, with only 2k on the clock from a dealer. And if you go private you could get 2013 for similar coin.

Enjoy the hunt!
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Welcome to awesomeness :cool:
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  5. welcome aboard :) enjoy the search for your new ride as chillibuttonchillibutton pointed out if you can stretch the budget or can wait for the right bike you will find a top deal
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Thanks for the welcome Guys, I have been looking for a while, I should just screw them down a bit, I'm sure the dealer payed a hell of alot less than that.