Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

going for learners

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by sez, Oct 29, 2006.

1. its been just under a week since i picked up my zzr 250.. its been peacefully sitting in the garage begging me to ride it.. but i don't have my learners.

i go for them tomorrow, im extreamly nervous.. any helpful hints or tips to help calm my nerves guys?
    can't wait till im on the road and enjoying two wheels beneath my legs.

cheers

2. Seriously, if you have enough co-ordination to ride a BMX you'll pass with flying colours. just try not to get flustered and you'll be fine.

3. Yeah. Listen to the instructors, look into the corners, and don't panic about the test phase. Use your practice time to get into the rhythm, the just do it again for the test.

4. Listen to your instructors, ask for feedback each time after completing something they ask, really look into corners........you'll be fine!

Oh, and welcome to Netrider!

Edit: If you don't have any prior experience, it would be beneficial to do the two day course....I had prior experience from years ago on dirt bikes, but found the two day course very worthwhile!

5. Hi sez, welcome to netrider, I wish youall the best for tomorrow, as everyone else has said , plus have a good breaky and don't think of it as a test. Think of it as a learning phase to be able to ride your bike. I wish I had listened to all the advise these guy's gave maybe then I would not have thrown up lol. Best of luck Lou