Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

going for 3 weeks, how to store bike

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by blue, May 30, 2006.

1. I am going away for 3 weeks and will be leaving the bike in the garage. can I just leave it there or do I have to get someone to start it every week. also theres about 3 litres of fuel in there. anything else I should do.
    its a 955cc triple.

2. it'll be fine for three weeks. Put some good locks on it and enjoy your holiday.

3. All will be fine - I'd say up to three months you'd be fine. Much more than that and some precuations may be required.

Possibly invest in a battery tender - prolongs battery life, especially in colder climates and ensures easier starting

Am sure you'd have no shortage of volunteers to keep the tyres from getting flat spots from sitting for too long :wink:

4. Speed Triple eh? You can't just leave those bikes standing idle. They have to be ridden everyday. I'd be happy happy to take care of it for you. :wink: :LOL:

5. thats good then. would really be suspicious if I left the keys with some friends I know to warm up the bike. rather have flatspots then someone else riding MY "PRECIOUSS" :p