Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Go Pro too much? Use your smartphone!

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by 12RS, Oct 8, 2012.

1. I made this uding a $79 mount from Camzilla and a waterproof bag from Paddys Markets - got the flyer somewhere is anyone's interested. I need to make small holes for the charger and headphones somewhere though to minimise any water ingress. I need to fix the 'waving' motion caused when the bike's idling somehow though.

Here's some footage I took on that lovly Sunday when you were all out hooning down Putty Rd. Best watched on 720p if you have the bandwidth.

Attached Files:

2. I like the heatwave effect.

Someone might want to comment because I'm unsure, but is having your phone vibrate constantly like that harmful to the phone itself - like the parts in it?
  3. That mount is a fail
    Maybe someone has a better idea
    Vibration and the well its not very
    Discreet ..
  4. I'm working on the vibrations thing and as far as discreet goes - have you ever seen a chump hooning arount with a gopro on his head? It's quite comical.

Tough crowd here.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. all the best mate. I tried for a long time with a small Fuji camera and with a Kodak Playsport. Used handlebar clamps and tank suction mounts(the latter was better) but no way I could get rid of the wavy effect which would come both at slow speed and at warp speed. Was lucky enough to get a Gopro at a discount and tried it with both the suction clamp on the tank and a sticky mount on the front fairing - just brilliant. That terrible wavy effect gone. Obviously the GOPRO has some inbuilt antivibration thing.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Hmm. Maybe i'll just use it for GPS and music purposes. I don't really ride in a 'spirited' manner worthy of filming anyway. Cheers.