Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Go Pro adhesive mount

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by lui, Mar 31, 2011.

1. I am thinking to stick the curve adhesive mount to the side of the helmet but cannot find any reviews on the effectiveness. There are many talks about the suction cup is very strong but no one talks about the adhesive mounts.

The other question is, once attached can it be removed without marks?

2. it wont leave a mark, you just have to get the glue off if it sticks on there.

the adhesive mounts do not move at all, so get it right when you put them on.
  3. The adhesive mounts seem pretty good to me, I have one on a road bike helmet and one on a dirt bike helmet and both appear to be very solid.

I have never tried to remove them so I can't really comment on that.
  4. It's 3M VHB tape. Crazy stuff. As long as your surfaces are clean it won't fall off by accident.
  5. Cool, that's good to know!

I have some isopropyl alcohol in a spray bottle, I hope that's suitable to clean the surface.
  6. IPA is good as long as you use a lint free cloth.

Get your position correct first time however as you won't get a second chance. I have previously seen a CB antenna mount that was VHB'd on to a car (about 2" x 2" circular mount). When they guy tried to remove the mount, it ripped the paint right off and bent the panel. There are apparently, different grades of VHB and I don't know which one GoPro uses or which one the antenna guy used.
  7. May be need some heat to remove it.