Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

go karts

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by rat man407, Feb 17, 2013.

1. does anybody own one or has anybody build one?

been looking at the pirhana plans and thinking of building one of them what do you guys think about them?
  2. #2 wokwon, Feb 17, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2013
    I built one out of water pipe when I was a teenager, with a yamaha 250 scramble bike engine in it.

Turns out water pipe isn't that good for things that flex, I used to have to weld the bits that split after each go. The silver box in front of the seat is a custom built CDI ignition as I never got the proper one with the $50 engine. Top speed was about 80kmph but there was no differential (solid rear axle) so the steering was more of a suggestion rather than an actual control.

the pully on the right-end of the rear axle was a home made disk brake :)

None of this answers your question but thanks for letting me reminisce (can't believe it was 15 years ago already).[​IMG][​IMG]
  3. talk about dodge looking
  4. Nah, rear engined, rear wheel drive, lightweight, a handful to drive. That's all the attributes of a supercar.
  5. Eh, it won't kill you. More than once.

I, too, am interested in the building of the go kartz. Seems like a good way to re-purpose murdered retired bikes...
  6. That's the spirit.
  7. depends if the ambos are any good or not
  8. It'll take really good ambo's for it to kill you twice.
  9. or just a stupid person who crashes it again
  10. That's not a go kart.
    Now this is a go kart: