Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

GN250 Indicator Problem

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by hws, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Hi there,

Pretty nooby with bikes but the left front indicator on my bike has been working some of the time and not working other times and sometimes even cutting out while it's going. Checked the globe when it happened the first time and that appeared to be fine.

Any ideas what might be causing this?

2. Sounds like corrosion in the connector between the indicator and the rest of the bike.

If so a light sand till the metal looks shiny again should fix it. Would also be an idea to check the other three connectors as well.

3. does the rear still work when the front goes out?

4. Thanks JD, i'll have a look at the connector tonight.

The rear indicator does still work when the front one doesn't.

5. Definitely the connector then.
    If it was the switch or relay that was faulty it'd affect the rear as well.

6. if its not the corroded connector it could be a pinched or loose wire.

i would also be tempted to swap the indicator bulbs, the bulb could be on its way out. i have had some bulbs that the filament is just connected which leads it to 'sort of' work.

but check the contact points, they are always a week point

7. Thanks for the help guys, there was a bit of corrosion on the connector and also one of the wires was a bit loose. Fixed those two issues and the indicator is working great now!