Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

gloves for small hands?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by Tigeress, Apr 21, 2010.

1. Hi,

I'm looking for some protective gloves that I can still feel my handlebars through. To complicate things, I also have tiny hands.

The range of ladies gloves is fairly poor and the few I've found are really bulky. I'm thinking of looking at off-road kids gloves even though I will be using them for road use. What is the difference between off-road and road gloves?

Thanks!

2. Try out some of the Spidi ones

3. Personally, I dont wear winter gloves because I find them too bulky, perhaps look at the summer range of gloves. What I did, I bought summer gloves then I bought thermal gloves - they are thin and keep the cold out / heat in during the colder nights.

4. Off road gloves are usually synthetic cloth, with maybe some leather on the palm, proper road gloves will be totally leather, offering much better protection.

You need to find some ladies summer gloves, (summer gloves are usually just leather with no liner or insulation) & my tip would be to go & try on a heap of different ones, different brads & even different models have different cuts.

Welcome to Netrider BTW!

5. the off road/mx gloves are not suitable... the materials will melt into your skin in the event of a slide on a road.

spidi as mentioned by holster, small size is way small, european sizing... top quality but expensive.

heres one possible option assuming your hands are child size ans small ladies still too large (these guys are local too, Ormond)> http://starider.com.au/shoppingcart/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=82

6. I know that AMX have some, and so does Mars in the city...the Xtreme brand sell some ladies gloves that are XXS you can try to ask for those special sizes coz they stock really small womens fingerless that a friend bought- hope the info helps.