Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Gloves for chubbier fingers?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by HunkyDory, Jul 15, 2012.

1. Hey guys,

So anyway, I bought a pair of Dainese 4-strokes in XL from Italy a few weeks ago. They wouldn't fit, so I had to sell them. I went down to Peter Stevens yesterday to see if I could try on some Alpinestars. To my suprise they now sell a lot of Dainese gloves. They had the 4-strokes in stock so I tried on an XXL and I barely got my hand in it but realised the fingers were a good atleast 4cm too long, even accounting the space to make a fist. I also struggled trying a part of the long-cuff Alpinestars (can't remember model name).

Anyway, I was recommended to try on some of the RST stuff but it's hard getting good feedback and reviews on these items as they don't look widely available overseas. That and I didn't have much time to browse in their store because that day it was like being in an oven. :p

Does anyone have any suggestions for me? A short person with stubby fingers. :p

2. What are your current gloves and how is the fit of them?
  3. I'm a new rider mate, I've never had the pleasure of riding with anything yet. :(
  4. Oh ok sorry didn't realize that. Best to try on some different models, see which work out the best for you. From my experience, so people just cant find anything that fits extremely well and need to compromise a little.
  5. just keep trying different models and different brands. Maybe its best to go for some baggy fit textile winter gloves for now and sort out leather gloves in the longer term so you can start riding now and then ride to different bike shops trying on gloves!