Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Glove management algorithm

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by minglis, Dec 6, 2011.

1. FIFO

8 vote(s)
  2. LIFO

10 vote(s)
  3. Pseudo Random

23 vote(s)
  4. I wish these NERDS would shut up!

25 vote(s)
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Just Curious... What glove management algorithm do you use when adding/removing your gloves?

1. FIFO
    2. LIFO
    3. Pseudo Random
    4. I wish these NERDS would shut up!
  2. #2 guggle, Dec 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2015
    Mat, you have waaayyyy too much time on your hands.

But since you asked, random.
  3. what about.....

I'd vote for that. :-s
  4. I prefer the quantum method, where I put the left, right, both and neither gloves on first.
  5. Boredom makes us do all sorts of strange things I guess. I was going to start a nodding thread, but, didn't want smee to explode.
  6. I use the following:
    1) Put gloves on
    2) attempt to put helmet on
    3) take gloves off, put helmet on
    4) put gloves on, look for key
    5) take gloves off
    6) get key out of pocket
    7) put gloves on again
    • Like Like x 21
  7. left glove ALWAYS first on
  8. 1) Left glove on
    2) Nod
    3) Right glove on
    4) Nod twice
    5) Clap hands
  9. I put my right hand in.
    Then I take it out again.
    Then I put my right hand back in.
    I then shake it all about.
    Nod at the dog, leave the driveway.
    One lap of the block, then back home to put some pants on.
    Proceed to work.
    • Like Like x 2
  10. You wear pants to work??
  11. Yeah - I've been "spoken to" twice now so I kinda have to...
  12. Not sure what FIFO and LIFO actually mean, but I'm a random kinda girl anyway..

Can't believe you had the nerve to start this one up - Smee is gonna have a coronary.
  13. FIFO = First In First Out
    LIFO = Last In First Out
    (or in this case... ON instead of IN).
  14. Putting gloves on is a random affair.

First random act is whether or not I'm going to wear gloves in the first place. Assuming that I've decided to wear gloves, which ever one I pick up first gets put on first.

Taking the gloves off is also random, I think, I've never actually thought about it.........

Of far more importance is, do you put your key in the ignition then put your helmet on or do you put your helmet on then put the key in the ignition.
  15. Trick question?
  16. Key in ignition and start her up.
    then it warms up while the lid and gloves go on.
  17. No more than "Which glove first?"
  18. I make sure I ALWAYS put the right glove on first.
    Otherwise it would be the wrong glove wouldn't it?!
  19. The question relates to the over all strategy for both putting gloves ON as well as OFF. Many people have a set process for putting them on (must be left first, or right first), but, is there any thought given for REMOVING the gloves afterward. Does this removal happen randomly etc... For me, I almost always put the left glove ON first, but, while I NORMALLY utilise the LIFO algorithm, I do occasionally use FIFO, just to mix things up a bit... I'm daring like that ;)
    • Like Like x 1
  20. A lot of fun gets poked at "which glove", but I bet most of the pokers put their gear on in a set way most of the time. It's a secret shame but having a pattern makes sense. gets ya riding sooner so that's a worthy goal right.

Speaking of secret shames, i'm a compulsive indicator canceller even when I haven't used it... I thought it was a secret shame but a thread the other day showed it was rampant. :) I'm not alone. woot.

- - -
    Tapatalking loud, saying somethin'
    • Like Like x 1