Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Glove liners?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Teamsherman, May 16, 2013.

1. Hey folks,

After an awesome night ride last night, I worked out that now its only just starting to get cold, I'm going to need some thermal glove liners as my fingers didnt take long to get numb last night at all!

For now I'd prefer just the liners as I'll most likely put some heated grips on the new bike when I buy later in the year.

They must be thin but effective.
  2. Thermal cotton inner liners from the UK about $10 delivered.
    Try to get bike specific ones sewn in one piece, i.e without a 'stitch' or 'join' around individual fingers
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. I have merino ones for $15 off ebay and they do make a big difference. Though now I have heated grips and they make about a million times more difference than liners ;)

Don't get cotton ones, merino will keep you warmer and last longer. And unlike merino if cotton gets wet it won't retain warmth.
  4. +1 for merino. Cottons are useless.
  5. Yep, steer clear of the ones with liners around the finger tips, they seriously annoy me something fierce when i ride, and cotton ones have never made my hands feel any better.

If there are other alternatives, seek them or wait it out until your next bike and then go the heated grips :)

I have seen you can buy heated overgrips which may also be an option for you, which can be moved between bikes easier.
  6. Try a ski shop or one of those hardcore trekking suppliers specializing in arctic equipment. They know about cold.