Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Globe Blown in Tacho

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by presti, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Hey guys!

I have a quick question, not sure how to fix it.

I have a glove blown in my Tacho on my 1993 ZX2R 250 Ninja. Does anyone have a quick idea of how to get the spedo out? Obviously never done it on a bike, done it heaps on the car. Do i have to remove the front fairings or unbolt the spedo unit? Don't want to get myself into a pickle and then break something.

Cheers guys!
  2. Sorry don't know the model, but are you sure you need to remove the speedo? Most instrument lights just plug into the back of thier panel. Of course you may need to remove fairings to get to the back of the panel.

Can you get a small mirror in for a look see without having to remove anything?
  3. I know when my tacho light went on the zzr i took the small dash type fairing under the bars up to the dash off then just reached in behind and popped the old globe out and the new 1 in, was fairly easy to remove, my local bike shop charged about $2 for the globe
  4. ahh cheers guys, ill have to have a big play around i just cant be bothered to take it into a shop cause its a little embarrasing.. lol