Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Global Village SBS right now

Discussion in 'Scooters' at netrider.net.au started by carri27, Feb 22, 2006.

1. Scooters in Taipei - there's a tide of them... millions

2. I learned to ride in Bangkok, Hanoi and Saigon - it's absolute fkin chaos and a total blast to ride around in once you work out how things operate.

Great to be part of such a swarm, really keeps you on your toes!

3. They know where its at...

4. did you see the scooter cemetry - dismantle a scooter in 90 secs. biggest parts scrapyard in the world. 200,000 dying, rusting scooters in a backyard. never seen anything like it.

5. Whooooo, must look something like Glitch's garage...

6. What an impressive sight that traffic was! It should be shown to beauracrats who are trying to clamp down on motorbike traffic behaviour. I was amazed at how many people, moving wuite wel, there were on such a small piece of road. You couldn't fal over, as you'd just end up leaning on someone else! In 10, maybe 15 years, that's what everyone here will be doing to avoid fuel prices.
    Could someone tel me, is it a status symbol to have a big bike somewhere like that, rather than a scooter?

Regards, Andrew.

7. I visited Taipei in 2002, I just couldn't believe the number of scooters, entire huge carparks just filled with scooters - it was truly amazing. The roads in Taipei were chaotic, but strangely ordered and it all seemed to work. The freeways were astonishingly empty, maybe it wasn't peak hour when I was on them, but I have never seen the Monash as empty during daylight hours.

8. Just caught the tail end of it.

9. According to my son, currently living in Hai Phong, Vietnam. The largest bike legally available and legal to ride is 150cc. Most of those are in the hands of the police.

10. it was funny to watch, one guy was really proud of himself because he had been able to tweek his scooter up to a top speed of 120kph, but hey... more power to him....he was riding one of the fastest bikes in the city.

11. So, why isn't someone over there putting Netrider stickers on 'em??

12. yeah , that was great , just like bangkok ,
    i was there for 9 months and it is like a swarm
    they even have countdown timers on traffic lights
    that go 10,9,8,7,
    most of the bikes launch it @ 2 , ha ha
    and yes in thailand if you have a bigger bike
    you are cooler , although the modifications they do on their scooters are wicked
    none here like that !