Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Giving some credit.....

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by BigAl, Jan 17, 2007.

1. Just wanted to give some much deserved credit to two businesses I have had the pleasure to deal with in my first 12 months as a two wheeler. The first being My Scooter in Drummoyne, Sydney. They saved me from a bad experience with a rival scooter store and have been nothing but helpful since. Place of purchase , whom shall remain nameless as I don't think I need to bad mouth them online - word of mouth will be their downfall, serviced my bike the first time at 1000km and failed to iron out a problem with the starter motor as requested. They then told me that I needed a new starter motor which they would not replace for another week and a half because their service guy was about to take a week off and no alternative was offered. I was basically told "tough". Anyway, cut to the chase, took the bike to My Scooter and it was fixed in about 30 minutes - no new starter, instead a simple bit of lubrication and no problems since. Have taken my bike to them for every service since then and have also bought various accesories from then for my scoot.
    Second business deserving of some praise in my opinion are Collided-a-Scope. After my newly licensed girlfriend dropped and dragged my scoot along the kerb opposite my home, I took the bike to Collide-a-Scope where I dealt with Lawrence. Top bloke, very helpful, excellent quality work by the guys working there and was back on the road very quickly. they even offered to pick me up and drop me off to the local train station. hence I used them again, when an inconsiderate neighbour reversed into my parked bike.
    Anyway, top marks to both businesses.

2. Good to hear of your experience Bigal.

When I find a good business I tell all and sundry about it too. Too often we hear the horror stories, glad to hear of good ones for a change. :)