Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Gimoto jackets

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by johnnydelva, Dec 11, 2006.

1. Hi,

has any bought a gimoto jacket? i am thinking of order one as they can customise... i have short arms and all the jackets i've tried are too long and bunch up... your thoughts?

2. They have just started stocking this gear at Aitkens in Sydney, had a look at it today. Would also like some feedback on quality. They look a bit rougher around the seams than some of the other leathers I have seen. Also lighter ?good/bad? The big bonus is that you book an appointment and they send someone out to the shop to measure you up, rather than relying on you to do it yourself.
  3. Lighter is good if it means the suit was made of kangaroo skin (and Gimotos can be, if you wish). Kangaroo is tougher than cow hide, so the suit can be made thinner, yet equally strong. Naturally, less weight *is* desirable in a suit, just as long as it doesn't compromise strength.