Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by foot69, Oct 28, 2009.

1. Saw the vicroads survey invite somewhere and thought "join the forum? Why not. Been riding for years and had 30?+ bikes over the time, mostly Jap but a triumph and a couple of Harleys in amongst the lot. Current bikes are a Shovelhead, gsx1100 and a drz400e, guess which one is broken.. :)
    I've ridden about half of the way around Australia including 5 trips past the Ayres rock turnoff, First trip was 1985 on a dr600 when it was a dirt road from Coober Pedy to the border. The return trip a year or so later was better, they had bitumen for a few hundred km's.. GPZ900R with a 19" front wheel wasnt as good as the DR on the dirt but certainly made the bitumen go past very smartly..

2. Welcome to NR Foot!
  3. gawd damn, many a bike ownership there...

welcome and enjoy the madhouse... (no that's not just a cheesy saying here, it's legit).
  4. Thanks for the welcome, I have to sit down and work out exactly how many bikes I've owned 1 day, then do a camparison of them all, probably stuff it up I've got the memory span of a
  5. Hi and welcome to NR
  6. +30 bikes? Damn! Variety is the spice of life, I suppose.

Welcome Foot!
  7. :grin: hahaha Had a good chuckle to that.

Welcome mate.
  8. Welcome, one third of a metre :LOL:

30+ bikes, I guess you like variety, or are you searching for the perfect bike???
  9. You buy what you like at the time and then sell it and regret it so buy another one.. Then something else comes along that is just to pretty to pass up. Sometimes I wish I'd been able to keep everything, but one usually had to go to fund the next one.