Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Getting stuck in traffic

Discussion in 'Multimedia' at netrider.net.au started by nescius, Sep 27, 2008.

1. #1 nescius, Sep 27, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
    This is a pretty long vid, so I wouldn't really bother watching the whole thing unless you are bored (like me) or an insomniac. It is, however, quite impressive to see the volume of traffic through which this guy manages to successfully commute... the congestion at the start is how it remains for almost all of the 13 minutes of solid lanesplitting, the traffic jam is huge (especially by a Canberran's standards!)

TAVVBjrTu0w[/media]]Japanese Lanesplitting

I have no idea if this has been posted already, I did a couple of searches but nothing turned up...

There is also one exciting bit in the video, at about 10:20 when he gets cut off by a random lane changer :eek:

2. Is the speedo in MPH or KPH??
    Cause it seems he only gets to 100, but floats around 80 for most ...

3. I would guess that being Japanese it is in km/h, and also if he was doing 100 mph through stationary traffic it would be a much more frightening video :wink:

4. I reckon you need to leave home at least a month to get anywhere.

5. to put things into perspective, most of the speed limits in japan are 40km/h, even on many main roads.

some freeways are 80.

6. 3:15 close... that would have taken my mirrors off

7. At least the lanes are generously wide.

:shock:

8. Firstly... I'd have to move house.... couldnt stand facing that traffic to work each day!
    secondly... not as many bikes commuting there as I had imagined.
    thirdly... he must be extreme as the other 5 or so bikes were either NOT filtering or doing so carefully.

I liked it... nice drone of his bike for 12 mins til I can get on my bike and ride home for 30kms pretty well all at 110kms limits and NO traffic to bother filtering through,

Cheers.