Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Getting "P's" in NSW

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by Changa, Jun 14, 2010.

  1. G'day guys,

    I just want to make sure I've got it straight with regards to getting my P's.

    I have to have held my learners permit for 3 months.

    I can then book in to do the MOST course. At the end of the day (after doing the MOST course), I am then tested on what I've learnt through the day.

    If I'm successful in passing I get a certificate which I then take to the RTA and there they will upgrade my license.

    Is that right ?? Basically.....3 months on L's.....do the MOST and Pass.....take certificate to RTA and I'm on my P's. After paying fees of course.


  2. correct, are u over or under 25
  3. P's day:
    Refresher on stuff from L's.
    Road ride with instructor checking and correcting roadcraft as s/he perceives it.
    Practice MOST stuff.
    End of day.
  4. Over 25 mate - way over.

    Thanks for the replies.
  5. Well then you will only be on your Ps for 12 months...

    Fun Ha!
  6. I don't have a problem with being on P's for 12 months. When i was reading the RTA website, it just seemed a little hard to understand - maybe I was just tired. I wasn't sure if i had to do the MOST test, then do another test another day, or if the MOST was just a skills session or what.

    All good now. I've booked myself in.