Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

getting my bike back on the road

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by gti130, Apr 12, 2009.

1. Hey guys,

I'm getting back on the bike after a year off.

I have a 2006 GPX and just bought an import GPX with twin discs up front.

I plan on stripping the import model of it fairings, screen, head light, speedo/tacho display, handle bar, bracket that supports speedo/mirrors, mirrors, radiator.

Since the import model has the twin disc i was hoping to use them too. is is just a matter of swaping the forks rim and complete brake setup? is it possible to use the master clinder from the single disc setup on the twin?

cheers guys for any comments.

i will also require a blue slip once repairs are made since the rego expired last year.
  2. does anyone know of a place i can take the brakes and shocks to to get serviced/checked out before i install them on my bike? I live in campbelltown.

Also, the insturment cluster on the doner bike is slighty different to my one. the oil light is on the dial to the tacho(where my oil light is below the hi-beam light). the spot where my oil light is is a 'speed' light on the doner. a closer look at the inside of the cluster shows a hall effect sensor or optic gate switch on the speedo shaft which looks like it activates at about 80km/h.

thought i'd be handy since i'm restricted to 80km/h

anyone else have this?