Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Getting modern - ports upgrade

Discussion in 'Showcase' at netrider.net.au started by port80, Sep 17, 2009.

1. Two years ago I bought a low km '98 CBR600F3, it was a fantastic bike and would do pretty much anything well. From commuting to track days and a little bit of off roading it begged to be ridden. However after 72,000kms it was getting a little tired and needed decent money to be spent. Between that and my apparent mid life crisis (ha!) I decided it was time to get modern.

So I spent much time looking around for the replacement. I really wanted something with well sorted suspension, great low/mid range and good longevity. I got a leg over a modern cbr6, tried on a gsxr750 and looked at pretty much everything else by the big four. I put a deposit down on a white gsxr750. However I did the sums and found that I couldn't justify the massive loan I would need to get out.

Browsing bikesales one afternoon I found it! Black '05 GSXR1000 with 8,000kms. I rang the buyer (total champ!), not dropped, serviced at least once a year seen a couple of track days but looked after. Within 2 hours I was taking it for a test ride.

Low/mid range power - CHECK! Good suspension - check. Ride position.. so/so. General condition of the bike was close to showroom. For $11k he included a full service, 11 months rego, all the accessories, bike cover and all paperwork and service history.

Sadly I had to sell my CBR6 in order to help repay the loan on the new bike. For one night I owned two road bikes. Here's my pic to prove it to myself.

[​IMG]

2. Congrats James, I hope you and the Zook have many enjoyable years together :).

3. Yay, new bike!!

When's wheelies at monday coffee?? :grin:

4. nice work - congratulations!

5. Congrats mate !
    \:D/
    BTW .. LOVE the colour :wink:

6. congrats on the new toy, nice upgrade :wink:

7. Nice bike, port. Looks great. God I love new toys!!!!![/b]

8. Thanks guys. The bike (shorty followed by myself) will make an appearance next Monday night.

Note to self, mild throttle, 2nd gear 7000rpm.. holysonofa^&*%^&* Mark consider my face melted.

9. Awesome bike port80 and very appealing colour scheme !
    Here's to many fun-filled, onlooker-jaw-dropping adventures :)
    Enjoy buddy.

10. Bring it around and show me. I need to urinate on the big Suz..suzu....you know :)

11. Hah cool post - well done.

Also - awesome, we have a new section!

12. No worries mate will do. I was going to come around and give you the cardigan I bought you to match that BMW :p

13. Very nice :grin:

14. :rofl:

Is it beige in colour?

15. No I thought beige a little too out there for yourself, so it was a toss up between the off white and the bone. I settled on ivory in the end.

16. Yep, sounds great lo.... (cha ching...toaster).... What a caaaaatch !!!

Another Wired World Of Sports fan :LOL:

Oops...not to change the topic : Great bike dude ;)

17. nice bike :)

18. Heard a similar gixxer start up on Lygon street a couple days ago, they sound sweet. :)

19. Congrats. You bought the best bike in the best colour :grin: :p . Looks like it has an aftermarket exhaust?

I know what you mean by the response at mild throttle openings :grin: