Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Getting Custom Leather Jacket made - questions

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by far_canel, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Hey all;

Due to my ducks I can not fit into any off the rack leather jackets. If the shoulders / arms fit then they are far too long therefore can't zip them up as the waist band part is around my arse. Vica versa, right length I have no hope in getting my arms in the sleeves and pulling the jacket closed. Therefore, I am resorting to Tiger Angel to make me one to fit etc.

I have a few questions however before I commence the design process. I'm moving to Europe to tour and work, and plan to buy a daytona 675 on arrival. So the cut will be sports fit as Julie at TA explained to me. However, as I am moving to Europe, would I best be waiting till I get there to buy a jacket?? Bearing in mind I can get it fitted here then altered if need be, and I definitely know the price here (might be more expensive over there).

Secondly, the tightness, this can be chosen from step one. As I plan to end up in the colder countries, should I get the jacket made so as I can fit say a thick jumper underneath, or 't-shirt tight' so as to only be able to wear a t-shirt underneath??

Thirdly, vents. What would be the most effective vents to have in hot weather? I know from experience my current textile jacket during hot weather will let air circulate around the torso, but not around the arms. Do I get something for that, and just side vents??

Design, a few friends of mine who have had custom jackets made have had pictures of stuff put on the back. However I have nothing of interest to want to plaster across my back, therefore the back of the jacket will look pretty plain. Any suggestions?? a pattern with the leather cut? Leave it plain?? Make something up??

Colours, white, I love white, but everyone I know with a white leather jacket it seems to look old and dingy looking. Steer away from white?

Anything else I should know???

Cheers for your help...

FC

duck.