Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

getting back in the saddle again

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by flyingv, Oct 26, 2009.

1. Was riding motorcycles in Vancouver, Canada for about 14 years...then, things happened in life and I moved here to Melbourne,,,,
    Well, I had a class 6 motorcycle licence but, was not allowed to transfer
    it!! And, had to sit a car driving test (questions) which I passed...
    NOW, I have to go through all the motorcycle training again,,,,I dont mind
    at all,,,a refresher .....
    Once you have had a taste of larger motorcycles...750+ how can one
    bring themselves to riding something smaller....eg LAMS....
    I agree 100% with LAMS....
    I started with a RD 350 then, jumped to a 500 then, had 2 diffrent 650s and started working at a motorcycle shop and rode various size motorcycles...then, I bought a V45 Saber.. so, I have alot of respect and knowledge.....
    I have see to many people get their licence and jump on a big bike and the bike over powers them and bad things happen...
    Will pass my trainning courses but, wont ride until I get my full licence...
    I know that I can ride and, will take things easy.....
    any coments....

2. I think you can get enjoyment out of anything you ride.

I'd rather be riding a LAMS bike than not riding.

3. GreyBM thanks for that but, I have to travel 65 k to work and then back again,,,,
    I do enjoy riding...miss it big time...

4.  Top
  5. There are quite a few decent LAMS bikes that have come out .. theres an ER6 version, a GSX650F version, a Ninja (650) etc. Have a look at least cause thats a long time not to ride.

6. rvf? or some of the motards are quite good fun allegedly...

7. YES.....I will look a little harder..... and, yes it will be a long time.....ARHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.....

8. Why not get a trailie, which might help relieve the boredom (for you) of riding a smaller bike. Go ride some trails to mix it up a little. What's too small on the road might be plenty big enough on the dirt.

9. been there done that with dirt bikes...hehehe they are fun but, not my thing thanks...