Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Getting a roadworthy

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by SimeSP1, Feb 4, 2006.

1. I'm going to put my bike on the market soon and I have Flush mount indicators on the front and micro diamond indicators on the back. Anyone know if I will have any dramas getting a RWC?

2. Check that the distance between them is at least 30cm. I got knocked back on this. Not sure about the arc through which they have to be visible.

3. apparently indicators need to have some aus standards stamp on them or something :? have a crack at it, worst that'll happen is that you'll be told to go stick some stockies on.

most reasonable places will happily pass them if you're buying, but they're not so keen if your selling.

4. I have put a number of bikes through Vic roadworthy inspections. Forget what the rules are. It's a complete lottery!
    I've had things that were very obviously wrong that were missed, and things that were perfect that were knocked back. Some inspectors are very good (the guys at MotoOne for example) but most don't seem to have a clue. You'll have better luck consulting your horoscope than the ADRs.