Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Getting a real bad vibe from my Spada

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by Puffin, Oct 22, 2008.

1. My Honda Spada is vibrating really bad at the moment. This started occurring about 2 weeks ago - one day it was fine, the next it starting 'buzzing'.

The real problem is in the footpegs - it's not such a big deal when I wear thick soled shoes, but when I wear my work shoes my foot really feels the vibes... and continues to even after I'm off the bike!

I understand vibration is to be expected in footpegs, but this makes riding less enjoyable/slightly uncomfortable for me...

I rang a mechanic and he reckons it might be the engine mounts. I don't even know where these are, or where to tighten them if that's the case.

Should I just take this to a mechanic and get it looked at? Or anything I can look at first with my limited knowledge of anything mechanical.

2. maybe something became loose? hope its not too bad. keep us posted
  3. The engine mounts are those big bolts that connect your engine to your frame. It wouldn't be too hard for you to check if they're loose.
  4. Have you changed petrol? Still on the same tank?
  5. Checked the mounts and as far as I can tell the bolts all seem secure.

The only thing I have done recently to the bike is change the oil - I used a 10w40 semi synthetic blend. I wonder if that has anything to do with it?

It's def not the petrol - I have gone through numerous tanks and the issue is still there...

6. I bet 2 jelly beans that it had 10w50 in there before.
  7. :LOL: :LOL: You, Sir, have a gambling problem :p
  8. Is the chain spinning freely?