Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Getaway

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' at netrider.net.au started by friendsofrhomb, Oct 20, 2010.

1. Hi guys,

I'm new to Netrider. I've been riding about 5 years now (had a bike before a car licence) and currently own a 02 Honda VFR and a 1990 ZX2R i bought for my girlfriend to get her into riding (its currently in pieces as i struggle to get it going)

Anyway. Work and various other things have been getting to me lately and I need a getaway. I'd take the mrs, but she's part of the cause :) I need to get out on the VFR for a decent ride. I live in newcastle and need guidance on a weekend trip. (Leave friday lunchtime, get back sunday evening) Can anyone give me a good trip route.

Thanks in advance :)

2.  Top
  3. Try this for fun!! it's a road trip i just made up, with plenty of variety, just remember to stay away from the freeways!!!

newcastle -> singleton -> richmond -> springwood -> werombi -> picton -> thirroul -> shellharbour -> vincentia -> canberra -> wagga wagga -> bathurst -> lithgow -> via bells line of road -> richmond -> gosford -> the entrance -> newcastle

4. Stay away from them? Why?

5. Thanks for the suggestions guys.
    As it turns out, work has informed me that i will be working this weekend.(thanks for the notice guys) So I went for a short ride this afternoon.

Went Williamtown-Kurri Kurri- Cessnock-Wollombi-than halfway to wisemans ferry and turned around- Wollombi-some towns I didnt know the names of-Newcastle.

it had been at least 6 months since I'd seen some twisties on Veronica(VFR). She loved it. Beer and lunch at Wollombi pub was well received as well :)

6. Take the VIFFER to Broken Hill, Would be a good ride to clear the head I reckon....