Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Get used to roadworks

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by peter-reebok, Nov 7, 2007.

1. Ferntree Gully rd between Jells rd and Stud rd has been in disarray for best part of a year due to Eastlink roadworks.
    This week they announced they would add a lane to both directions on FTG Rd, between Jells rd and STud Rd.

Guess I better get used to roadworks delays on my daily commute! Looks like another year of roadworks delays.

2. Yay! :grin: Now $50 says that the radar people will cream. roadworks zone on wheelers hill!

(for those that don't know, its about a 15% grade downhill section that goes for about a k or so.)
  3. When its eventually all finished it will hopefully improve the trip through to Stud Road in peak hour.
  4. Well hopefully it will end up as a nice road with some quality tarmac :p

(waits for joel's tanty....) :rofl:
  5. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :p

we are actually doing that project. well, not my particular crew, but the same company. just had a look on citrix....1 year is optimistic :eek:
    serious amounts of work to be done there, 18mths at the absolute earliest!
  6. looks like i wont bet getting to the freeway via that road for 18 months then :roll:

haha actually its not too bad, ive split it for a few kms when its a carpark, god it feels good knowing i'll be home 30min or more earlier than those poor sods :grin:
  7. it doesn't matter which direction you go in these days, there are roadworks everywhere. just cannot avoid them. pain in the a$$.
  8. tell me about it, i cant even get a days work done without being stuck in fuggen roadworks for hours! ;)