Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

get this out to the cagers

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by dgmeister, Jan 28, 2013.

1. [​IMG]

get this out to the cagers before the mods delete it in a hissy fit
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Cagers cant see a motorbike, so wot chance do they have of seeing that!!
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Remember not long ago, watching a young lass, midafternoon, driving down Banna Ave(Main St. in Griffith), actually texting while she drove with the window open, on a street where there are so many pedestrian crossings.
    UN-B-E-L-I=E=V=A=B=L=E !!!

But DGm understand your sentiments.
  4. What does the window being open have to do with anything?

5. If driving with the window is dangerous, I guess we're not suppose to ride with our visor up? :p
  6. The window was open so she got better reception on her phone.
  7. Was she hot?
  8. In order for a cager to understand what you are getting at they have to understand that there is a problem and there lies the problem. 100% of drivers I know think they are awesome drivers. IMHO I think it's a pointless exercise trying to get them to change.
  9. No thanks, would rather keep my friends.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. just that I got a clear look....
    She musta been hot which was why she had her window open(to cool down)..
    ok,ok lets not go there.
    I've had a previous experience with another young lady who had her mobile stuck to her ear looking away from the intersection I was approaching, she passed the give way sign on her side and reached the intersection before turning around to see whether there was traffic approaching her. Needless to say I had stopped by then, even tho' I had right of way....Cant take chances. You've got to ride as if everyone on the road is out to get you.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Nice attitude.
  12. I have no problem with the message but I have a huge problem with trying to guilt trip my friends into reposting. It's manipulative and obnoxious.
    • Like Like x 2
  13. #13 Greydog, Jan 28, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
    The lady I filtered up to with her window down was texting on her phone. I raised my visor and said to her, "One day, someone like me is going to grab that phone out of your hand and piff it into a bush." She put it down in a hurry. I didn't say 'I' was going to do it..just someone 'like me'. LOL.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. i always drive with the windows down its as close as i can get to being on my bike when im in the cage. rain hail or shine.
  15. It could be printed out and struck under the front windscreen wiper when you filter past.
  16. And it ignores the fact that most people on this forum also drive cars.
    • Like Like x 2
  17. In 99.9% of cases, I'd agree with you. Sometimes though I reckon the message is worth it. Posted.
  18. Why stop at guilt tripping friends to repost the message on face space? We may as well send out the message in unsolicited e-mails with the title YOU HAVE WON $10000000. We could even attach some kind of program to the email that hi jacks peoples web browsers to take them directly to the message instead of Google.
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Like on Facebook when you get 'share this if you are a true Aussie' or 'share this of you have the guts'
  20. We *could* do that, or we could be rational and not overreact.
    • Like Like x 1