Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Get paid to holiday on tropical island

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by Holster, Jan 13, 2009.

1. Source

2. I can think of nothing worse - Hammo is a hole.

3. Probably the only way they can start attracting people again.

Last time I saw it, it was more run down that a shanty in Bali.

4. If you allowed to ride motorbikes and have friends over i'd fkn do it! lol

5. i spent some time living on hammo once, it really is a "i've done everything" place in about one week. Unless you really, REALLY, like scuba diving

. the islands a good base to explore the rest of the area but theres nothing special about it really, apart from the airport you can use the jetblast to windsurf from, and they dont encourage you explore the rest of the island that isnt "settled".

6. You'd only be based on hamilton island - It's a job to promote the entire great barrier reef so you go to all the islands.

You guys a fkn mad - 150k for 6 months work (wouldn't be more that 20 - 30 hours a month) sleepins, sunshine and sand, If I was interesting I'd apply for it. I lived in the NT for years - now that place was a hole / shanty town but for 150k I'd live there for 6 months.

7. Yes but we have standards :p :p :p :LOL:

Nah, I'd live there too but I cbf, I'm a lazy sob (<- yes those who know me, knows where to insert the letter "l"..)

8. That'd be great for someone who could just pack up and go...I'd do it if I didn't have the responsibilities and commitments that I do.

It'd be one of those life experiences that we should all try and pack into our lives if we had the chance...even if the experience didn't turn out to be that 'fantastic', it'd be something to add to your life's list of 'stuff I did' :)

And you get paid for it!

:cool:

9. "The winning candidate will be chosen from a shortlist of 11 and must be a good swimmer, excellent communicator, be able to speak and write English, have an adventurous attitude, enjoy snorkelling and/or diving and be willing to try new things. "

Something tells me hidden within all that is:
    * Fat People or Ugly People need not apply.
    :shock:

10. i dont think they are going to give you 150k.

the total value of the 6 month stay there perhaps plus your wage is 150k. thats what I read it as.

11. I wonder what the punchline is, it sounds remarkably like Big Brother. If you could hunt the local wildlife I'd go.

12. I have a feeling that this job is meant for foreigners and that the winning entry will come from an english speaking market which is very important to tourism Australia (think geezers or frenchies or yankee doodles). I think it is part of an advertising campaign to lure tourists over, and part of the appeal is that the blog that you are supposed to create is that of a foreigner having an awesome time in oz, thereby encouraing other foreigners to come have an awesome time in oz.

I'm still contemplating an entry though - could be a good way to spend 6 months. I'd rather get $150k for sitting on a beach than less than half of that for sitting in an office.

But as memphis said:

Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:58 pm Post subject:
    I think to that, were one being a synical jaded type of person, one could add "Australians".

The creators said they want a "cult following" for their video blog. I reckon that will only happen if there is regular and quality nudity.