Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

George Street, Sydney (really just a wtf moment)

Discussion in 'Your Near Misses - A Place to Vent' started by kolaemcee, Aug 25, 2010.

1. Had my fair share of near misses, many much closer than this, but this was just a piece of absolutely maniacal driving normally reserved for Hollywood which I still cannot find a reason for...

Was heading southbound on George Street the other day, past the cinemas near Town Hall station. First off the lights from the KFC intersection, and no traffic in front of me or coming the other direction either. I look down at my speedo for about a second, look up again and suddenly a white van is racing up MY SIDE OF THE ROAD, GOING THE WRONG WAY (ie towards me). For a half second or so it seemed like he was going straight for me, but then veered to his right/my left (even more away from the side of the road he should've been on). The only reactions I could muster were a quick swerve, a loud beep and an even louder 'WHAT THE F**K ARE YOU DOING' inside my lid.

This happened about 4 or 5 days ago but I still find it hard to believe it happened, and I still can't think of what the driver was doing. He was looking ahead at the road and didn't have any strange expressions on his face. I am really clueless at this and it was a pretty freaky experience. I really hope someone got the plate of the idiot, he should never drive again.

2. damn!! Sounds like you're lucky to be alive.....def a "WTF" moment....
  3. omg I SAW THAT HAPPEN! I almost had a brown pants moment for you too.

I'm glad you're okay!
  4. Wow, small world, where exactly did you see it happen from? I guess you might be able to provide some sort of explanation for his behaviour from your vantage point?
  5. yes, he was obviously high, drunk, or came from a country where driving on the right hand side of the road is the norm. I was walking from town hall station to the cinemas (went n saw Salt with angelina jolie)
  6. after reading the bit in brackets, i have to ask. what's she like in real life?
  7. That bit of George st is the Chinatown border. Different rules, brah.

No harm no foul.
  8. Did you make-out in the back row?
  9. Kola hasn't replied...is that a message? or what?
  10. i've had better