Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

General insurance? Such a thing?

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by Peleus, May 9, 2007.

1. Hi all,

I've got a nice new 675 sitting in my driveway, and in a wierd kind of way I'm almost regretting it. I want to be able to take my bike to the track and use it to its potential, but I'm paranoid about the worst case happening, and crashing it on the track. I'm through western QBE, so while its fully insured they don't cover track / training days.

Is there a company out there that offers insurance (i.e. general insurance brokers) that would have insurance for a day only at around $100-$200 or something?

Any other options to get it insured for the one or two days a year I want to head out?

I haven't heard of anything like this before, but I also figure you could get anything done for the right price.

Feedback appreciated.

2. i'm pretty sur ethe ansew to your questions is no, sorry but even full time racers can't get their gear insured, they (insurance companies) dont like the idea of riders pushing their bikes to their limits in excess off 100+ km/h over general highway speeds
  3. Another option is which major companies offer coverage on track days. I suppose its always possible to take out insurance and pay it monthly then cancel the policy after the trackday / school is over.

Pretty expensive though (i.e. $350ish for me).
  4. Good luck reinsuring with that company again after trying that trick. There are not a lot of insurers out there....something about bridges and fire... :shock:
  5. not sure on bikes but race insurance is available for cars on a race by race basis BUT it's horibly expencive, one and only time i got a quote was for 2002 clipsal 500, WRX STI MY02, $10,000 bucks for the weekend
  6. what you didn't crash on a race day. You were just out for a nice leisurely spin in the countryside...
  7. I think Shannons actually insure you on the track BUT only if you are getting training/ tuition so as lonjg as your doing SBK schools then you would be ok.
    I agree with the others here though and suggest that either buy a very cheap track bike and use that if you can't afford to bin your nice shiny new one.