Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Gen Y war mongerers? Or too lazy??

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by Kha-Khees, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Accountability indeed! Who was responsible for educting my (and previous) generation? Oh right. Yours.

I'm not turning this into an age debate because there are ****wits in all demographics - so lets drop this shit, "you lot" seem to take every opportunity you can to shit on someone younger than you. It's as stupid as the actual topic at hand.

2. Re: Herald Sun's Miranda Devine excuses away SMIDSY

My generation? I'm 30, dude (profile says 32, no idea why) :rofl: I have no idea where the generation thing came from, my post was directed at all of 'em.

EVERY generation is terrible. The generations older than ours start wars, rip people off, crush freedoms and have generally ruined the world. Our/my generation is lazy, stupid and expects the world on a plate.

3. Re: Herald Sun's Miranda Devine excuses away SMIDSY

Nah actually. When I was a younger bloke, the attitudes of those around me was way ahead of that same age group today. You can't argue the point coz you were'nt there. As for education, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink....and your education doesn't cover things like accountability... You learn that elsewhere.

4. Re: Herald Sun's Miranda Devine excuses away SMIDSY

I love the "older generations started wars" argument. If this is world peace, its pretty freaking disappointing.

Grab a paper hon, we're constantly in a war.

5. Re: Herald Sun's Miranda Devine excuses away SMIDSY

Oh definitely, I'm just reasonably confident when I say that nobody in my generation has started one… but they will soon.

6. Re: Herald Sun's Miranda Devine excuses away SMIDSY

Maybe not in your generation of a Western variety

7. Re: Herald Sun's Miranda Devine excuses away SMIDSY

Then you dont know your history.

8. Re: Herald Sun's Miranda Devine excuses away SMIDSY

Let's clarify this: Nobody in what I think of as my age generation has lead any country I have lived in or care about into a war, at least insofar as I'm aware. I have no doubt they will, because humanity is awful, but they haven't yet.

9. Re: Herald Sun's Miranda Devine excuses away SMIDSY

Not to worry, they will get their chance to lead soon enough. For now they are enthusiastic participants... well, we all had to start somewhere.

10. Re: Herald Sun's Miranda Devine excuses away SMIDSY

With a view of the "world" that narrow, shouldn't you be living in the US of A?

11. Re: Herald Sun's Miranda Devine excuses away SMIDSY

If you think that Australians are any less arrogant or selfish than Americans, you're delusional.

But hey, feel free to prove me wrong on my point about war starting. Which developed nations have had wars started by people in their early 30s or younger?

I'm not saying the world is at peace. I never said that, and never will. It's a war-ridden shithole… but my generation isn't the cause of that. That's my original point in the "generation" argument (which someone else started in the first place) , and my only point on that subject.

12. Re: Herald Sun's Miranda Devine excuses away SMIDSY

A developed, country that I've lived in and care about? You've kinda limited my ability to play the game to Australia! Aren't you just going to change the rules if I come up with one anyway?

That's not what I was calling Americans at all. I was calling them uneducated, single minded twats.

For the record, I'm 32....so its your own generation calling you out on this.

13. Re: Herald Sun's Miranda Devine excuses away SMIDSY

That's funny, I think Australians are every bit as uneducated and single minded as Americans, and I've lived in both countries. Interestingly, I also think that Australians tend to be a lot more rude in day to day life.

If you actually bothered READING my post, I said (and I quote):

"Which developed nations have had wars started by people in their early 30s or younger?"

I didn't put the stipulation about living or caring about in there, because it wasn't part of the requirement for what I asked you.

14. Re: Herald Sun's Miranda Devine excuses away SMIDSY

Oh fer fuck's sake.
    If you kids can't stop fighting back there, I'll turn this thread around and we'll just go straight home.
    Is that what you want?

15. Re: Herald Sun's Miranda Devine excuses away SMIDSY

:rofl: NK!!!!

Ok, I'm interested to know of any serious war kicked off by a 30ish year old anywhere in the world, East, West, Developed, 3rd world or otherwise. Then perhaps we can get back to hanging it on Murder Devine.

16. Re: Herald Sun's Miranda Devine excuses away SMIDSY

Exactly. The only reason I locked it to developed countries is that I wouldn't be surprised to learn that some 24 year old tribal leader in some shithole managed to wage war on someone else.

17. Re: Herald Sun's Miranda Devine excuses away SMIDSY

William Pitt the Younger was 33 when as Prime Minister of Great Britain he invaded Toulon as part of the War of the First Coalition in 1793.

What do I win?

18. Re: Herald Sun's Miranda Devine excuses away SMIDSY

You get to grow up now :)

19. Re: Herald Sun's Miranda Devine excuses away SMIDSY

Sold.

20. Re: Herald Sun's Miranda Devine excuses away SMIDSY

Yeah, but he's about 100 generations older than me :)