Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Geelong Test Ride

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by hookiens, Nov 21, 2009.

1. * Mods - I'm not 100% if this is the right place to post so feel free to move it *

Hi everyone. I'm in the market for a new bike and I was hoping to test ride some. I went to PS (in Geelong) last Monday with 3/4 bikes in mind. I talk to the guy for a while and ask about a test ride. He said they had demo's but none were prepared yet. He informed me the were about to get done and he'd call me mid-week....well still haven't heard back from them (no real surprise there)
    So my question is if anyone has any of the following bikes and lives in Geelong (Vic) may I have a short ride?
    -Triumph Street Triple (normal or R)
    -Any Japanese 4, 600cc, 2006+ (GSXR, CBR, R6, ZX6R)
    -Triumph Daytona 674
    -Yamaha fz1 (07+) or Honda cb1000 (08+)

I know this is asking a lot but I'm trying to ride a few different bikes before I make my purchase. Please PM me if your interested. Many thanks.
    Regards,
    Sam

2. Are you serious? :eek:
    Not sure about others but I can't even imagine someone test rides my bike

3. ^I know many people wouldn't be happy with the idea but it's worth asking. I'm happy 2 have the person follow me on my bike or hand over my keys, etc. I've been lucky enough 2 have a ride of a BMW R1200r & a KTM Superduke in the last 2 weeks so there are people that don't mind. Anyways, happy riding everyone.
    Sam

4. I imagine your best option is to take a trip up to Melbourne, perhaps call some bike shops an pre-arrange a test ride, so you do not waste your time. Bike shops have a reason (and hopefully, insurance) to let you ride their bikes.

Riding someone else's bike is a big risk for you and them, it is unlikely the bike's insurance will cover you should an accident occur.......people are friendly around here, but expecting a stranger to allow you to ride their bike "just to see what it's like" is asking a bit much 8-[

Hell, I think twice before letting my (more experienced than I) friends ride my bike :)

5. True, true. I think I'm up for a trek to Melbourne by the look of it. Oh well i can get some Christmas shopping done while im up there.
    Cheers!