Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VIC Geelong region speed limit changes

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by simon varley, Mar 7, 2014.

1. the outcome of the Vic speed limit review seems to be ongoing. This week 4 speed limits on my commute have been reduced. None of these limits were previously either confusing or dangerous. Thanks VicRoads for looking after me so well as I am clearly unable to drive slow enough on my own to avoid killing myself.
    The full list is here http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/Home...reducesconfusionwithoutcompromisingsafety.htm

Full list of speed changes:

90 km/h speed limits will be increased to 100 km/h on:

• Princes Highway, between Broderick Road and the Princes Freeway, Corio. – completed

Locations in the Geelong region where the 90km/h speed limit will be reduced to 80km/h include:

• Geelong-Bacchus Marsh Road, between Heales Road and Patullos Road, Lara. – completed
    • Geelong-Portarlington Road, at the Bellarine Rail Trail crossing, Curlewis. – completed
    • Geelong-Portarlington Road, between Drysdale and Portarlington
    • Bellarine Highway, between Moolap and Leopold
    • Bellarine Highway, at the intersection of Banks Road, Marcus Hill
    • Bellarine Highway, between Portarlington – Queenscliff Road and Fellows Road, Point Lonsdale
    • Lower Duneed Road, between the Surf Coast Highway and Ghazeepore Road, Mount Duneed
    • Hendy Main Road and Coombes Road, between Vickerys Road and Ghazeepore Road, Bellbrae
    • Barrabool Road, between Cochranes Road and Devon Road, Ceres
    • Merrawarp Road, between the Barwon River and Barrabool Road, Ceres.

Locations in the Geelong region where the 70 km/h speed limit will be reduced to 60 km/h in 2014 include:

• Station Street, between Melbourne Road and North Shore Road, Norlane. – completed
    • Geelong Portarlington Road, between Wilsons Road and Boundary Road, Newcomb. – completed
    • Portarlington – St Leonards Road, between Batman Road and Oxley Street, Portarlington
    • Bellarine Highway, between Fellows Road and King Street, Point Lonsdale.
    • Shannon Avenue, between Barrabool Road and Fyans Street, Newtown
    • Ash Road and Melaluka Road in Leopold
    • Clarendon Road in Drysdale
    • Earls Road in Moolap
    • Pigdons Road in Highton
    • Great Ocean Road, between Bells Boulevard and Torquay Boulevard, Jan Juc
    • Hendy Main Road, between Heidi Road and Deppeler Avenue, Moriac.
  2. Retards.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1