Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Gear Storage at events - VIC

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by DonJuan, Jun 12, 2015.

1. Hi all,

I'm a noob and looking for ideas on how people store their gear when attending events as I'm thinking about riding in to watch to footy tomorrow night but would need to store my helmet, gloves, jacket and bag.

As the game is at Etihad I was thinking about using the lockers at Southern Cross station and parking somewhere nearby.

Any suggestions?

2. I use a Helmetlok and extender cable for my helmet and jacket. Gloves and bag come with me
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Long cable, thread it through the jacket and helmet, lock it to the bike. squish gloves into the underseat thing, or bag em
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. You could always squid there, take your helmet with you and sit on it to give you a better view....
    • Funny Funny x 2
  5. Thanks for the heads up guys. I must admit I'm a little paranoid about theft when leaving the bike by itself but might give the helmet lock and cable a go as I have these now.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. I saw a pretty clever idea the other day. Not sure how if it was good or not, but the bike was parked and was locked with a disk lock and the orange bungy cord that reminds you not to drive off because of the disk lock, was threaded through the helmet and locked up.
  7. Another option is a lockable top box.
  8. Last week, I parked at the MCG....and came back to a coffee cup in my helmet. Pricks.

Thankfully it was empty, and not upside down or anything.
  9. Not bad... everything worked out well last night but I do think eventually I'll be getting a top box and panniers for touring.

It might have been different if it was raining last night...